Monday, April 20, 2009

Fields Filled with Praise

Be praised for all Your tenderness
by these works of Your hands
suns that rise and rains that fall to bless
and bring to life Your land
Look down upon this winter wheat
and be glad that You have made
Blue for the sky and the colour green
that fills these fields with PRAISE


~From The Color Green by Rich Mullins


Some days I really miss Rich Mullins and his barefoot gypsy heart after God...he was such an incredible poet and psalmist and just my sort of a bit of an odd fish:)

This morning I was delighted by the greening of the city, and decided to take a wee drive out west into the edge of the Flint Hills before I started my work day..the landowners have started the spring burning, and the fields are a patchwork of leftover autumn purple copper golden brown tallgrass, burnt black fields and the brilliant spring green of the ones that have already started growing back from the burn. I Praise God for giving us the incredible gift of appreciating beauty- and the beauty of his creation to appreciate:)

Here is my favorite spring song, the one quoted above...it fits today perfectly!!







The Color Green Lyrics:

And the moon is a sliver of silver
Like a shaving that fell on the floor of a Carpenter's shop
And every house must have it's builder
And I awoke in the house of God
Where the windows are mornings and evenings
Stretched from the sun
Across the sky north to south
And on my way to early meeting
I heard the rocks crying out
I heard the rocks crying out

Be praised for all Your tenderness by these works of Your hands
Suns that rise and rains that fall to bless and bring to life Your land
Look down upon this winter wheat and be glad that You have made
Blue for the sky and the color green that fills these fields with praise

And the wrens have returned and they're nesting
In the hollow of that oak where his heart once had been
And he lifts up his arms in a blessing for being born again
And the streams are all swollen with winter
Winter unfrozen and free to run away now
And I'm amazed when I remember
Who it was that built this house
And with the rocks I cry out...

(chorus)



Amen!!

This song is from Rich Mullins EXCELLENT CD A Liturgy, A Legacy & A Ragamuffin Band and is available for purchase on Amazon as either an mp3 download or CD

No comments:

Post a Comment