Sunday, March 29, 2009

Blood Bought Church REJOICES!!

Talk about JOY!!

I first heard this amazing song in 1985 at Kenneth Hagin's Campmeeting. Ray Gene Wilson sang it several times over the course of the week.. the Joy of the Lord just erupted all over the entire auditorium every time he sang it and I cant remember anyone sitting still:). I remember dancing through the aisles with my 11 month old son Matthew in my arms..I probably should have been tired when it was over, but somehow that Holy Ghost JOY anointing kept me from wearing out:)

The song, written by Nancy Harmon combines powerful lyrics with strong joyful southern gospel music...its just amazing. I wish I could find a recording of Ray Gene Wilson singing it (If anyone knows where I can get one please let me know) but this version by Jessy Dixon is good as well...enjoy!!:






Blood Bought Church
They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for joy,
they shall cry aloud and be free
They shall glorify the name of the Lord,
it's the blood bought, the church, the redeemed

Oh, pick up your heart, oh, Zion of the Lord,
let the earth ring forth with His praise
All His children rejoice from the islands of the sea,
it's the blood bought, the church, the redeemed

Chorus:
And we are in that army of the Lord,
we've been washed in the blood and we are going forth
There is nothing that can stop this mighty moving force,
with a shout of praise a two edged sword

Every stronghold of bondage must fall beneath our feet,
Every prisoner held captive must be free
For our deliverance has come through the power of the son
It's the blood bought, the church, the redeemed

Let the earth be silent all winds cease to blow,
every created being fold your wings,
For there's a new song being sung with a new melody,
it's the blood bought, the church, the redeemed




Jessy Dixon's recording of this can be found on his album I Saw the Light (click link to be directed to product page at Amazon.com:)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for that joyful and uplifting reminder~ what a toe tapping dancing in the aisles song! I love your creations and the heartfelt writings you share here, it is truly inspiring,encouraging and makes my heart happy. You make me want to be better and that is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words...this is one of the ways I encourage myself- its great to hear that it can help encourage others too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I remember that song! This version is too slow though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song.. My aunt patti was in a group called voices of praise and they had recorded this song , it was the first time i had heard it and i instantly fell in love with the strength and wisdom it gave ..

    ReplyDelete