Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Prayers, Thoughts & Focusing

(at left: Gore Glen, Scotland-photo by me:)

Ive been a bit scarce the past few days, but Im working REALLY hard this first week of 2009 at getting my year off to a good start with business and organization. Not leaving God out of it of course~ As I said earlier on Twitter I've been praying a lot about my business..Not like "EEK HELP!" More like,"You created heaven and earth, me & everything else.I'll bet You know something I don't about business too":)

SO- in the midst of my busy-ness, here are just a few random things I wanted to share today...



First, a link to an update and prayer requests from Maoz Ministries in Tel Aviv, Israel about the war in Gaza:
DATELINE ISRAEL January 6, 2009 News Service of Maoz Israel Ministries


Second, a couple of verses I that Im reminding myself of often as I wander through my "business" day:
2 Corinthians 9:8~
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.
(the bold bits there are just in case we were wondering if this principle is supposed to be working in our lives ALL the time;-)

Isaiah 48:17~
Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer,
The Holy One of Israel:
“I am the LORD your God,
Who teaches you to profit,
Who leads you by the way you should go..."

Just to let you know, I do know there is a LOT more to that passage...Im not trying to take it out of context or anything, but that basic principle is repeated over and over in old testament and new. One day soon I plan to take more time and expound (theres a really fancy bible scholar word for that, but I dont speak theologian as a general rule, lol).

Blessings on your days everyone-may your first days of 2009 see you "prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers" Grace & Peace be with you!!

3 comments:

  1. I had to laugh today, when you mentioned prospering... I was listening to Beth Moore today, and she mentioned that she will never never teach on prosperity... Yet that's what her husband is most known for! :-)

    OK, so I'm amused by small things...

    Since rededicating my life, I've been rather content in my day job. Since I've wanted to work for myself most of my life, I have to wonder how this will all play out? Will I always be content with a normal "job" and my side businesses simply bringing in side money? Or is God simply teaching me to be content before I'm to have the responsibilities that go with working for myself. I wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) maybe she's just leaving it to him!

    Im still not totally sure what Im going to be when I grow up..for now- I prayed a lot before going full time with the jewelry business, and felt like it was the direction I am supposed to go..but I always try "incline my ear" to hear if which way I should go next. The more I grow the more I learn..but its definitely a process!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherrlyn of http://www.lovesimplyhappens.blogspot.com says. . .I photograph weddings besides other things and I am excited about your beautiful jewerly. I will definitley send LOVE birds your direction.

    ReplyDelete